i failed. not once, but many times.
- physics 31 and 31.1- dropped.
- math 71-failed. took it after a year. removal then passed.
- ES 61-5.0. took it the second time, got 3.o
- ES 62-failed it twice. got 3.0 the third time under the same teacher.
- ES 64-failed it four times.
- ES 65-dropped.
- enrolled surveying and dropped.
- Politics- run for SK Municipal federation-got only one vote-mine.
- Run for barangay councilor Year 2007 election-ranked 13th of 16th.
- courted a lady- dumped about ten times of the same girl.
- got many crushes yet got no courage to court them.
- tried to escape failure by leaving home. returned after five days. just have to face it.can’t solve problem by escaping.
- left Civil Engg.
I’m a man of failures. No. I’m a man who failed many times. I failed in the area of academics, emotions, even politics. I hate to admit it, but i failed.
During those times I failed, I resorted myself to reading many books-self help books, hoping I could find a solution to my problems and many times just to entertain myself. I read Og Mandino, Maxwell books, John GRisham, Purpose-Driven Life, and others in the same genre. I love self-help books. It makes me feel good and gives me a little hope that someday i could still make it and accomplish great things in life. I’ve read also stories of “failures” of great people. THe likes of Abe Lincoln, ThomaS Edison, and Winston Churchill. During those times also I fell in love with history. I sit-in in Philosophy of History and had a glimspse on why history happens that way, and the emerging philosophies that reign in each period in history.
What failures taught me?
- FAilure is an event, never a person.
- There’s always a second time.
- True friends and family never leave you. Keep them.
- How you see yourself is much important than how others think of you.
- You can be great. Planted in you is the seed of greatness. In your hands are the abilities and in your heart are the wonders to achieve greatness.
- Life is not about what you get from it, but what you shared to other people.
- Remove the U in failure.
- HAve faith in God.
- YOu can succeed.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Learn. Live. Love. Leave a legacy. Laugh.
“It may take long but together we will win the war.”
It may take long but with faith I will in God I will succeed. I am succeeding. GReat moments ahead.
Not exempted to failure, earl.